what is plagiarism?
Plagiarism is when someone tries to present another’s work as their own, whether intentionally or unintentionally. Examples of plagiarism include:
- Buying essays from websites and handing them in as your own work
- Copying essays or articles from the web and presenting them as your own work
- Copying sections from books, journals, dissertations, websites etc. into your own work without providing a reference for the material
- Quoting someone else’s work without putting the words inside quotation marks
- Incorrectly referencing material
- Copying sentences with some words changed without providing a reference